Monday, September 14, 2009

US OPEN Final -Juan Martin Del Potro v Roger Federer


The 20-year-old Del Potro denied an anticipated Federer match-up with Rafael Nadal by blitzing the Spaniard 6-2 6-2 6-2 in their semi-final on Sunday.

"I'm very happy to beat Rafa in straight sets. I played an unbelievable match," said Del Potro, who admitted the US Open is his favourite tournament. "Of course it's great for me and for my future being in finals.

"I'm very close to doing it. I've always dreamed of this moment."

The Argentine is a dangerous hardcourt player, one who hits the ball flat but extremely hard with sharp angles.

"Del Potro had a great match today against Rafa, because Rafa doesn't give you any easy matches," said Federer, shooting for his 16th Grand Slam win. "So for him to come through the way he did, it's, to say the least, impressive.

"That's why he's not to be underestimated."

0 comments: